Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back from the zoo



Oh yes I went -probably not the smartest thing I have ever done. 15 stitches in my back and a three hour return trip but two very happy kids.
We got to touch stingrays today at the zoo -they are sooo smooth and soft and warm. Saw lots of other cool animals too -especially turtles -I love turtles even the gianormous alligator snapping turtle at the zoo -but holy cow was she scary!!!! She's the size of 4 foot around boulder with lots of tude. Love it :)
Jared was thrilled the tigers were up and around today. Lindsay wanted to see bats and snakes -she is sooo not mine LOL.
I also loved seeing the gorilla troop. They are so incredible and majestic. The last time we were there there was a little girl born the same day as Lindsay and they were both so cute together interacting through the barrier. Her mother and I were in complete accord at that moment. They are led by the silverback Charles who is a wonderful artist -he paints!! He's so noble too.

Anyways off to bed -zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
HUGS all
Kim

2 comments:

andrea said...

Hi Kim - glad you were up to the zoo trip :)

I'm sorry aohell is SO not behaving tonight - I tried using my bberry work address but not sure I had your address quite right Toronto Animal Services is likly on strike and I'm transporting animals all over this wekend in case ...
hoping we can connect next weekend :)
cheers
andrea

Tammy W. said...

Hi Kim - I hope you're feeling better. You are a brave woman.