Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jared -the Big 1-1


Yep its true. my baby turns 11 today. How did that happen. Just yesterday I was overwhelmed by becoming a mom. I thought it would never happen. First because they told me I would never have a baby. Then the little sucker held on 16 days over his due date. Yep 16 days. Then 4 days of labour all of it back labour. And then finally after all the struggle and the pain he arrived. I didn't get to see him arrive but oh boy did I feel it. He was so perfect, so beautiful and so mine. I thought I knew what love was but in that moment of the first face to face meeting my whole world changed and my axis slipped. My Beppe when she first saw him told him with his big strong hands he'd be able to grasp the whole world in his hands -all I know is he sure could hold on to the umbiical cord when he didn't want to come out LOL.

Jared is wonderfully bright, caring and oh so very stubborn when he wants to be. He is an old soul I know this and am overhwelmed by the task I have been given. How do I explain faith to a little man who knows exactly what it is when I daily question my own.


He teaches me lessons daily of faith, perseverence and the kindness that should exist in this world

When we found out we were expecting Lindsay I asked him if he wanted a brother or a sister. He told me a sister. I rold him we would have to see and he looked at me and stated " no mama I asked God for a sister and God always keeps his promises". How can you argue with that logic and faith. .

When Scamper died we planted a tree in her memory -when my mom asked why Jared replied "because Grandma the tree is like Scamper. He body goes into the ground like the roots but her soul soars up towards heaven like the branches of the tree". He is too wise for his years somedays.

and just the other day when all seemed to be going wrong and I felt worthless and alone he came up and sat beside me and held my hand and then gave me a hug and told me I was the best mom in the whole wide world. Whatever I did to deserve such love and trust I'll never know but oh does it make you feel wonderful.

He is my pal and confidant, my snuggler and hug dispenser.
I love him and his sister so very much. Daryl and I are blessed beyond words.

HAPPY Birthday Jared!!!! You are one in a million and you will always be my baby boy!

3 comments:

Maggie's Farm said...

Happy Birthday, Jared! Be sure to come and visit us again on the farm. This time make sure Mom and Dad plan on spending the night so we can have a big bonfire!

Tammy W. said...

Hey Jared - Happy 11! Tell your mom it won't be long before you get your license - time flies when you're having fun.

andrea said...

aw congratulations to you all :)