Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A memorial of a well lived life



My son Jared (who I'm sure has been around the great wheel of life several times) is a wise and beautiful little soul. When we were talking about how we wanted to remember Scamper Jared decided we would plant a tree. A fruit tree that would bear flowers and fruit and carry on long after we're all gone. He explained to me that we needed to write wishes and memories and attach them to the tree so they could float up to heaven to her and people here would know this is Scamper's special tree. He told me "life goes on mommy and so does a tree just like our souls which go on forever. Scamper is always here with us. Her tree is part of the earth and the sky just like she is." Can you see now sometimes why I feel overwhelmed and completely incapable of being his mother.

1 comment:

Maggie's Farm said...

He is the boy he is because of you, Kim!