Sunday, April 29, 2007

Something actually fiber related!


I know I know shocking isn't -she actually DOES something will all the fiber she's amassed here. Today's project was finishing off a silk fusioned silk cap formed over a bowl. When dried it was embelished with handspun angora-border collie yarn for the brim with a jaunty little floral embellishement made from needle-felting and then embroidered onto the hat. Its my entry for this years St Distaff competition here -the theme this year is "St Distaff in Fashion."
I'll post a picture of my model in residence "Lindsay" later on!

2 comments:

Maggie's Farm said...

Okay, help me out here...do you spin this lovely creation at some point in time???? Or does it just look pretty on the mantle? Inquiring minds want to know!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

no it started life as a silk cap that has been "felted" into shape I did spin the yarn that is the ribbon around the brim. Then i needlefelted the flower accent and embroidered it onto the hat :)
Spinning????? Who has time for spinning LOL