Thursday, September 12, 2013

You know you're my hero don't you?

You were always who I wanted to be when I grew up. Smart, strong, opinionated and always and ever a lady.  You were one of the most wonderful people in my life and I was so in awe of you.
You were always warm and giving, no matter what was going on. Your survived an abusive parent, defying all to marry the man of your dreams. You raised three children -losing so many I don't even know how you bore it all, survived war -helping to hide others from Nazi oppression, imigrated at the age 43 to a country you couldn't speak the language to keep your family together, worked so hard to struggle to get by, lost your husband and carried on for 30+ years alone.
I was so proud you were always there for me -through good and bad -helping em become who I am today.  I wanted my daughter to have something from you so I gave her your name.
Today would have been your birthday - I love you and think of you often.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEPPE!!


No comments: