Friday, July 16, 2010

How can you really be GONE???

I look in the mirror and I see shadows of you. I see your bright wisdom filled eyes in my sons face and hear your laughter come from my daughter. I hear your words echoed through me -words that I cherish and cling to when times are tough.  I smell your perfume in an old bottle on my dresser -a few precious drops remain. I feel your arms around me when I cry and hear your triumph when I succeed. I know you are no longer physically here with me but you are never nor will ever be gone.

12 years and it still is hard to believe I cannot go over to your house and talk with you - hear your wisdom and feel your pride in me but I know we will be together again someday. It is not yet the season for my passing. Life is wonderful and I am blessed.

I love you Beppe.

1 comment:

Henya said...

What a lovely tribute.