Monday, December 18, 2006

My Best Girl -Scamper


I know I know its been a while since I updated the blog - Bad blogger BAD!! But it wasn't my fault really its all my sidekick Scampers fault -she kept me busy feeding her treats and taking her for walks I swear! For thiose who don't know my best girl this is Scamper who turned 15 this year. I know our time is growing shorter together so we try to spend some time just the two of us every day. She's been my best friend and confidante for most of her life. I got her when she was 14 weeks old and its all Daryl's fault. We weren't even dating at the time -we went to drop off supplies at the local shelter and there she was. She came bouncing out to meet us and when I told her she couldn't go home with me she sulked and head down went back into the little dog house she was living in. she laid her head down on her paws and sighed and gave me the saddest little eyes you had ever seen. Daryl told me she wanted to go home with me but my mother had a no dogs policy. So off she went to live at my then boyfriends apartment. 2 years later when we broke up I convinve my mother the dog was the lesser fo the two evils between the ex and the dog so she ame to my parents to live. There were "rules" that were to be abided by -no feeding at the table, no dogs on the couch and etc which of course did not apply to Scamper! When Daryl and I got married she came with us and because "best dog" at our wedding and later "big sis" to both the kids. She still rides herd over all of us. She's getting stiff in the hind end (aren't we all) and developing cataracts but until the very last she's here to stay! There will never be another one like her - she's special in so many ways!

No comments: